Crumb crust made with 1 packet of crushed Tennis biscuits and
125g butter, melted.
500ml (2 cups) milk
Piece of cinnamon stick
60 - 100ml Huletts White Sugar, depending on personal taste
45ml (3 Tablespoons) cornflour
45ml (3 Tablespoons) flour
3ml (½ teaspoon) vanilla essence
30ml (2 Tablespoons) butter
Cinnamon and sugar for sprinkling
1. Combine the crushed Tennis biscuits and the melted
butter, and press into a pie dish.
1. Heat the milk with the piece of stick cinnamon to just
under boiling point.
2. Meanwhile, lightly beat the eggs with the sugar, then
add the cornflour and flour.
3. Pour the hot milk onto this mixture, stirring rapidly.
Return the mixture to the heat and cook, stirring till the
mixture becomes very thick. Thorough stirring is important to
prevent the mixture from catching on the bottom of the pan, and
to prevent lumps.
4. Off the heat, add the essence and add the butter. Stir
well till the butter is melted.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared tart crust.
Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.