375ml (1½ cups) Huletts Castor Sugar
125ml (½ cup) oil
250ml (1 cup) milk
125ml (½ cup) poppy seeds
Zest of 1 lemon
300ml self-raising flour
250ml (1 cup) Huletts Castor Sugar
250ml (1 cup) water or orange juice
Zest of 2 oranges
1. Beat the sugar and eggs together until creamy. Add the
rest of the ingredients, ending with the flour and beating well
after each addition.
2. Spoon the mixture into a sprayed ring pan and bake in
a preheated oven at 180ºC for 60 minutes. Remove from oven and
leave to cool in pan for 5 minutes, before turning cake out.
1. Boil sugar and water/orange juice together for 5
minutes until thick and syrupy. Pour over top of warm cake.
Garnish with zest.
• If desired serve with unpeeled orange segments cooked
in the syrup above.
• This sauce is also delicious as an accompaniment to