You will need:12 Sweetcorn/Cheese Samoosa, fried1 Can Chickpeas, drainedSalad Leaves and Cucumber slicesTomato and Red Onion SambalTamarind sauce, Green Chutney (or Like I did here, Jalapeno Sauce) Yoghurt and Tahini sauce.Pomegranate arils and fresh coriander to garnish.Chaat Masala/ and Paprika to sprinkle
How to Make..~ Prepare the yoghurt and tahini sauce, whisk plain yoghurt with garlic and tahini and a dash of lemon juice. ~ slice cucumbers, and prepare salad greens.~ Make up a simple tomato and Onion sambal, season with salt, pepper, sugar and lemon juice ~ Fry the samoosas~ Quickly Sauté the chickpeas in butter, tumeric/cumin powder/ chilli powder and salt, just to coat and warm through. ~ I have used store bought tamarind sauce and creamy jalapeno sauce (instead of green chutney) . (You can make up homemade versions of green chutney and tamarind sauce ) ~ One a large platter, layer the salad leaves around the edges together with the cucumber slices.~ break up each samoosa into 3 piece, and place around the platter. ~ scatter around the lightly spiced chickpeas ~ Drizzle some tamarind sauce and Jalapeno sauce/green chutney. Also sprinkle a little chaat masala.~ Spread about some tomato and onion sambal~ To finish off, top with the Yoghurt/Tahini Sauce. (I have topped this down the center of the platter) ~ Drizzle on more of the tamadrind and jalapeno sauces(green chutney) . ~ Scatter the pomegranate arils in the yoghurt sauce. Sprinkle chaat masala and paprika all over the Samoosa Chaat AND Garnish with fresh coriander. ~ Ready to be enjoyed. * Have small side plates or bamboo serving containers for guests to help themselves to a portion..kindly share as posted, www.marriamsayed.com
INFO & TIPS
NOTES BY FOODEVA MARSAY
(For Samoosa Chaat)
* I have shared proper measurements for lighlty spiced chickpeas, tomato and onion sambal, and the yoghurt tahini sauce before, search Foodeva Marsay + which recipe you looking for.
* You can use any samoosa variety. I enjoy this vegetarian option.
* The lightly spiced chickpeas add a little more flavour to this chaat, but you can opt for keeping it un-spiced
* Have all your sauces and chutney ready, to make for plating up a breeze.
* The yoghurt and Tahini sauce also takes this chaat to another level of deliciousness, but you can do a regular yoghurt thinned out with water or dash of lemon juice.
( @foodeva_marsay )
kindly share as posted, ©️www.marriamsayed.com
29 Apr 2021
WOULD YOU LIKE TO ?
Foodeva Marsay (marriam S)
Aspiring to Inspire for the pleasure of my Creator above. Have a peek,(and follow), at my Foodeva Marsay Blog on link :-)
Joined 11 years ago