3 tablespoon safflower oil
2 cloves minced garlic
¾ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
⅛ to ¼ teaspoon cayenne
⅛ teaspoon allspice
⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
1¼ lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts), cut into 1" cubes
12 oz lg cherry tomatoes
4 teaspoon chopped fresh chives (optional)
1. MIX safflower oil, garlic, turmeric, cumin, ginger, salt, pepper, cinnamon, cayenne, allspice, and nutmeg in large bowl until well combined.
2. ADD chicken breasts (about 2 breasts) and cherry tomatoes, and toss well. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and marinate 2 hours, or up to overnight, in refrigerator.
3. MEANWHILE, soak 12 to 14 wooden skewers (10" each) in water.
4. HEAT grill or grill pan over medium-high heat when ready to cook. Skewer chicken and tomatoes, alternating on skewer. Grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
5. ARRANGE skewers on platter, garnish with chives and serve over separated and washed butter lettuce leaves, if desired.