1/ 2 kg boneless chicken
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 egg, lightly beaten
freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
1 tablespoon vinegar
2 tablespoon hot sauce
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
3 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon minced ginger
2 teaspoons minced garlic
3 spring onions
5 to 10 small dried red chilli
oil for deep-frying and stir-frying, as needed
Corn flour as needed
1. Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes or strips Combine the chicken cubes with the egg, soy sauce, ginger garlic paste salt and pepper. Add enough cornstarch to nicely coat the chicken.
2. Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Set aside. Thinly slice the green onions.
3. Heat the oil in a wok to deep fry chicken. Drop the chicken cubes into the hot oil, a few pieces at a time, and deep-fry until crispy (3 to 4 minutes).
Remove the chicken cubes and drain on paper towels.
4. Drain and clean out the wok. Heat 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add half the sliced green onions and the dried chili peppers. Stir-fry until aromatic (about 30 seconds).
5. Add the deep-fried chicken cubes back into the wok. Stir-fry until the chicken cubes are browned (about 1 minute).
6. Push the chicken up to the sides of the wok. Give the sauce a quick restir put in half tablespoon corn flour add sauce mixture into the middle of the wok.
stir it continually for 1 - 2 minutes to thicken.
7. Mix the sauce with the chicken. Cook and stir for another 2 minutes, stirring, until the chicken is nicely coated with the sauce.
Garnish with remaining green onions
Serve immediately with fried rice or plain steamed rice.