CREAMY CHICKEN CORN SOUP
Recipe credit: Ruhana Ebrahim
Picture credit: @mama_taught_me_well
•¼ cup flour
•1 liter milk
•1 liter water
•1 packet Knorr thick veg soup
•250ml fresh cream
•1 tin creamstyle sweetcorn
•500g cooked salt+pepper chicken fillet (cubed)
•2 whole green chillies (slit longwards)
•Salt (to taste)
•White pepper (to taste)
1. Melt butter in pot, add flour and whisk to make roux for white sauce.
2. Add ½ amount of milk and water and whisk until becomes a thick mixture.
3. Add in fresh cream, corn, chicken and packet soup. Mix in.
4. Then add in remainder milk, water chillies and allow to come to a boil.
5. When thickened to consistency you desire, remove from heat and serve with crusty bread.