KEBAB PURI PARCELS
Recipe credit: Ruhana Ebrahim
Picture credit: @mama_taught_me_well
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon ordinary sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon semolina
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon melted ghee (Clarified butter)
± 1 cup warm milk.
•1kg lean beef mince (washed and well drained),
•4-5 slices soft white bread (freshly crumbed),
•1 ½ teaspoon salt,
•1 teaspoon white pepper,
•2 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin),
•dash lemon juice,
•2 tablespoon ground garlic,
•1-2 tablespoon ground green chillies,
•3 tablespoon ground almonds,
•3 tablespoon desiccated coconut,
•pinch garum masala,
•2 tablespoon melted ghee (Clarified butter),
•chopped dhania (coriander) (coriander),
•chopped spring onions,
•additional ghee (Clarified butter) and lemon juice.
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Brush a tray with ghee (Clarified butter).
3. Roll fingers, evenly sized as possible.
4. Once all rolled, clingwrap and place in fridge for 3-4 hours till firm.
5. Preheat oven to 200 °C.
6. Drizzle ghee (Clarified butter) and lemon juice over.
7. Cover tray with foil and bake till cooked through.
8. Remove foil and grill to redden kebabs. Texture will be slightly crisp on outside and soft inside.
9. Serve with puri and lemon juice.
10. Stores well in freezer.
1. Sift flour and baking powder. Add salt, sugar, semolina, vinegar and ghee (Clarified butter).
2. Heat milk on stove, but remove before it boils.
3. Add to other ingredients as needed, to form a firm rollable dough.
4. Roll out and cut into triangles. Deep fry in very hot oil.
5. When dropping in puri, flip immediately and then fry until bubbles form and lightly golden on both sides. Drain on kitchen paper.
*Note: seal the puri with water flour paste and lightly fry together to give outside of puri a bit of crunch.