Butter Chicken Subs
Recipe credit: Ruhana Ebrahim
Picture credit: @mama_taught_me_well
Pack of hotdog rolls
2 tablespoon tomato sauce
2 tablespoon mustard sauce
2 tablespoon mayonnaise
Baby plum tomatoes
250g chicken fillets
1 onion (sliced)
1 piece tajj (cinnamon stick)
2 Elachi (cardomom) (cardamom) pods
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder
1 teaspoon rough salt
1 teaspoon red ginger garlic masala
2 small tomatoes (liquidized)
125ml fresh cream
Fresh dhania (coriander) (coriander- chopped)
1. Braise onions with a little ghee (Clarified butter), tajj and Elachi (cardomom) until golden.
2. Add in spices and masala. Braise until fragrant.
3. Add in washed chicken and coat well with spices.
4. Allow to cook until no liquid remains, then add in tomatoes.
5. Cook until tomato is halfway reduced. Add in fresh cream, lemon juice, saffron and allow to cook till gravy has thickened.
6. When done add in dhania (coriander).
7. Slit rolls lengthwise. Mix the sauces together and spread inside the rolls.
8. Shred the chicken and spoon in filling, stuffing generously.
9. Slice plum tomatoes, and place tomatoes and cheeses ontop.
10. Bake in moderate oven till cheese is melted and roll is toasted on the outside.