Recipe credit: ruhana ebrahim
Picture credit: @mama_taught_me_well
1 large potato (optional)
1 onion (sliced)
500g chicken fillet (cubed)
1 teaspoon salt + more
Dash white pepper
1 teaspoon Green masala
1 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
1 cup water + more
2 whole green chillies (slit)
½ - 1 tin coconut milk
1. Bake potato in microwave till tender.
2. Cook butternut in microwave till tender.
3. Braise onion in little oil till golden, add masala, garlic, lemon and spices and braise for few seconds.
4. Add washed chicken and cook till dry.
5. Liquidize butternut and potato with water and add puree to chicken.
6. Allow to heat through, then add coconut milk, chillies and a little more water, boil everything together till consistency desired.
7. Check seasoning. Garnish with chilli flakes and serve with garlic bread.