Chocolate Deluxe Pudding Tarts
Recipe cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
60g cocoa powder,
100g icing sugar,
200g butter (cubed),
1 egg yolk,
Ice water (+/- 40ml).
Simply Delish Zero- add to 1 box 450ml milk and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder. Beat with electric beater for 2 minutes.
Refrigerate to set and until needed.
500g Golden Cloud Chocolate Muffin Mix.
Beat with 1 cup water,
175ml veg. oil,
2 extra large eggs.
Strawberries, washed and sliced in angle so you may fan them out.
Lindt dark chocolate- melted and placed in a chocolate mould to make sticks.
(may use whatever chocolate on hand that melts well.)
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
2. Sift the flour, salt, sugar and cocoa.
3. Place in the food processor and process for 30 seconds.
4. Add butter and pulse till resembles crumbs.
5. With motor running, add egg yolk and iced water, just enough for dough to come together. Break into 4 equal pieces.
6. Lightly flour a surface and roll the dough pieces into flat disc shapes.
7. Cling wrap the doughs and refrigerate until just firm.
8. Roll pastry between 2 sheets of wax wrap till 2mm thick.
9. Spray and cook tart shells and line with pastry dough.
10. Trim the edges to fit the tin and refrigerate again until firm.
11. Line the tart base with baking paper and baking beans/rice. Blind bake for 15 minutes until firm around the edge.
12. Remove beans and paper and bake for another 5-10 minutes until pastry is set.
13. Remove from oven and set aside till cooled and firm.
14. Then store till needed in an airtight container.
15. Beat batter, when incorporated, spoon batter into greased (Spray ‘and Cook) tart shells so they bake to same shape as tart base. Fill only 1⁄3 full.
Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 8 minutes. (Poke with a sharp knife to see if cooked through before removing from oven and tart shell).
When baked, tip the cake out and leave aside to cool.
Fill 1⁄3 shell with pudding.
Place cake upside down, so that the flat bottom is facing up.
Spoon onto it more pudding, forming a neat circle.
Place on fanned strawberry and chocolate stick.