Moothias (Methi (Fenugreek) berji)
Recipe cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
¾ cup mielie meal,
½ cup chana (gram) flour,
1 medium onion (grated),
¼ teaspoon turmeric,
1 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin),
1 teaspoon fine salt,
1 teaspoon ground green chillies,
3 tablespoon ghee (Clarified butter),
1 cup finely cut Methi (Fenugreek) berji (bitter greens).
1) Bind together all ingredients. When mixed well, oil hands and make oval shapes with the dough.
2) The thickness should be about half the length of your baby finger.
3) Fry in medium oil on a medium heat, so that the dough cooks right through.
4) Cook till golden brown on either side.
5) Eat as is or place in veg curry/ papri curry to steam.