Pur & Nut Chevro
Pic cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Amended recipe, original recipe credit unknown
50 strips of samoosa pur
100g almonds (chopped)
100g pecan nuts (chopped)
Robertson's salt and vinegar spice
2 teaspoon chilli powder
3 fresh green chillies (sliced in rounds)
5 tablespoon sesame seeds
few sprigs curry leaves
4 tablespoon oil
1. Cut pur in strips of 3 with kitchen scissors. Then each third into 1⁄4's.
2. Fry pur in deep fryer until golden in colour, then drain on thick sheets of newspaper covered wuth kitchen paper overnight.
3. Roast all the nuts separately at
100 deg C. The nuts must be crisp.
4. Fry the chillies, curry leaves and sesame seeds with oil and make vagaar.
5. Pour vagaar over roasted nuts.
6. Add thw chilli powder and spuce to the nuts.
7. Add the fried pur to the nuts & toss lightly.
8. Store in an airtight bottle or jar.