Recipe by: Siba Mtongana ,Recipe tried and Photo taken by: @dough_ray__me_za
4 chicken breasts, skinned and boned
1 ½ teaspoons grated ginger
1 clove garlic, grated
Pinch of sea salt
For the Sauce
4-8 tablespoon rice vinegar
4 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil plus 2 tablespoons extra for frying
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 garlic cloves, crushed
½ teaspoon chilli flakes
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
Cooked Basmati rice
1. Prepare the garlic, ginger and mix with the salt.
2. Score the chicken fillets with a sharp knife and rub the chicken with the garlic, ginger and salt making sure you also rub the inner scored parts of the meat.
3. Place in a deep dish or bowl.
4. Meanwhile mix the sauce ingredients together in a small jug and pour the mixture over the chicken.
5. Heat a large non-stick frying pan until hot and add the extra sesame oil. Cook the chicken with the scored side down first for 2-3 minutes and turn.
6. Pour the sauce over the chicken and cook until the marinade thickens slightly and the chicken is cooked through, but be careful not to overcook it, as it will become dry.
7. Heat up leftover rice or microwave packet of pre-cooked rice and tip onto a serving platter.
8. Place the chicken on top of the rice. Toast the sesame seeds in the pan and sprinkle over the chicken, garnish with coriander leaves.
INFO / TIPS / CREDITS
OPTIONAL: To serve
60 ml demerara sugar or any sticky brown sugar
Pan fry the clementines in Melted butter and sugar.
Recipe from Siba Mtongana cook book