Classic Masala Leg Roast
Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
2kg whole mutton leg,
3 tablespoon ghee (Clarified butter)
1 big serving spoon red ginger garlic masala,
1 big serving spoon ground garlic,
1⁄2 big serving spoon ground ginger,
3 tablespoon lemon juice,
3 tablespoon brown vinegar,
1 tablespoon mustard powder,
1 tablespoon chilli powder,
2 teaspoon salt,
1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder,
1 tablespoon dhana jeeroo powder,
3 tablespoon mustard sauce,
3 tablespoon tomato sauce,
3 tablespoon Trim,
3 tablespoon Steers bbq sauce/ HP sauce,
2 teaspoon garum masala,
1 teaspoon lemon pepper,
1 teaspoon white pepper,
water as needed to cook.
1. Soak legs in water with a dash of white vinegar.
2. Trim off excess fat.
3. Drain. Pierce here and there with a knife.
4. Massage in marinade.
5. Leave to soak in marinade overnight in fridge.
6. Heat ghee (Clarified butter) in a large deep pot.
7. Place in leg and cook on med-low heat with water as needed until tender, turning over a few times.
8. When done, place under the grill to redden and allow masala marinade to thicken.
9. Do not let dry out.
10. Serve with potatoes and roti.