Chicken Tikka Quesadillas
Rec cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1kg chicken fillet (cubed fine)
1 teaspoon salt,
½ teaspoon white pepper,
1 teaspoon ground garlic,
1 teaspoon chilli powder,
1 teaspoon dhana jeeroo powder,
2 teaspoon Chicken Tikka spice,
¼ teaspoon garam masala,
Pinch Elachi (cardomom) powder,
Few drops saffron essence,
1 tablespoon lemon juice,
1 tablespoon tomato paste,
1 tablespoon ghee (Clarified butter),
½ cup sourmilk.
Store bought tortillas,
230g cream cheese,
2 medium carrots (finely grated),
½ cup julienned green pepper,
½ sliced onion,
1 cup grated cheddar cheese.
1. Wash and cut chicken. Marinate and leave in fridge for 1 hour.
2. Cook on medium heat in ghee (Clarified butter).
3. When the liquid has evaporated, throw in cream cheese, carrots and peppers.
4. Incorporate well and allow peppers to cook, but must remain firm.
5. When done, remove from heat but do not turn heat off.
6. Place tawa/large frying pan on the heat and when warm enough, place tortilla down.
9. Working quickly, spoon on chicken filling, place sliced onion and cheese and place over another tortilla.
10. When the tortilla face down on the pan has crisped up, turn the quesadilla over and crisp that side as well. Make sure not to brown too much as will leave a burnt taste.
11. When done, remove and cut into quarters. Serve hot so cheese remains melted.
Food Author of "Oh My Cupcakes!"
Mum and wife.
(Another 2 books...