Rec cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @ruhanas_kitchen
1kg chicken fillet (cut in thick strips)
1 teaspoon Salt
1⁄2 teaspoon White Pepper
1 cup flour
6 tablespoon oil
1 punnet brown mushrooms (thickly sliced)
1 onion (finely sliced)
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
1 teaspoon ground green chillies
3 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoon flour
1 cup chicken broth (chicken stock mixed in water)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon white pepper
½ cup milk
250ml fresh cream
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper and coat in flour.
2. Heat half of oil in a pan on medium/high heat.
3. Once oil is hot, add chicken and saute until golden. (Don't worry about cooking the chicken through, it still needs to go in the oven).
4. Transfer chicken to a casserole dish.
5. Wipe the pan and add remainder oil with sliced mushrooms and onions, saute until soft and golden.
6. Add garlic and chillies and saute another 1-2 minutues. Spread mixture over the chicken.
7. In the same pan melt butter. Whisk in flour until lightly golden.
8. Add chicken broth, milk, lemon juice and pepper, and whisk until smooth.
9. Add cream and bring to a boil, allow to thicken. Season with salt.
10. Pour sauce over the chicken and mushrooms. Cover with foil.
11. Place in preheated oven at 180 degC and bake for 30-45 minutes.
12. Serve over mashed potatoes, pasta or rice.
Note: I sprinkled a little cheese over after I heated in oven