½ packet plain choc romany creams, grated
½ packet tennis biscuits crushed
125 g butter melted
1 tablespoon brown sugar
20 g butter
2 tablespoon cream
Alternative: use ready made Huletts/ Illovo Butterscotch Sauce
60 g milk chocolate finely chopped
2 tablespoon cream
Alternative: use ready made Huletts/ Illovo Chocolate Sauce
¼ cup water boiling
3 teaspoon gelatine powder (Sundew gelatine)
2 x tubs cream cheese softened (Lancewood smooth)
½ cup castor sugar
200 mls thickened/ fresh/ low fat cream
3 Bar One bars finely sliced
1. Process biscuits until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Mix in butter & combine.
. Press mixture evenly over base & up ½ the side of a 20 cm spring-form tin. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm.
1. Combine brown sugar, butter & cream in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool & thicken.
1. Combine chocolate & cream in another small saucepan, stir until chocolate melts. Set aside to cool & thicken.
1. Sprinkle gelatine 1 teaspoon at a time over the boiling water in a heatproof jug & stir until gelatine dissolves. Cool for several minutes.
2. Beat cream cheese in a medium bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Add caster sugar & beat until soft peaks form. Beat cream seperately until soft peaks form, add to cheese & combine. Beat in gelatine mixture until combined. Using a spatula, stir through the chopped Bar One.
3. Spoon half of the cream cheese mixture into the crust & drizzle the butterscotch & chocolate sauce over cream cheese mixture. Pull skewer backwards and forwards through mixture to create a rippled effect. Sprinkle with sliced Bar One choclate.
Repeat with remaining cream cheese mixture & sauces.
5. Decorate with extra sliced Bar One chocolate for effect & drizzle with any remaining sauces.
6. Cover cheesecake with cling film & refrigerate for several hours or overnight until set.
7. Before serving, carefully remove from spring-form tin onto a plate or cake stand. Decorate with more Bar One chocolate if preferred.
INFO / TIPS / CREDITS
One bite of this & all resistance crumbles, literally! This recipe has stood the test of time & my personal favourite. A lovely treat for family & friends which brings joy & warmth to the heart. Over coffee or tea, this will melt the heart of your loved ones.