2 cups all purpose flour
1⁄2 cup salt
3 tablespoon oil
3 tablespoon ghee (Clarified butter)
2 cups boiled water to make a soft dough
2 tablespoon melted ghee (Clarified butter)
1. Combine flour & salt.
2. Add oil & ghee (Clarified butter) & make a breadcrumb mixture.
3. Add boiled water gradually as flour starts to combine & with a table spoon mix boiled water into the flour. Try not to scald your hands.
4. Knead into a soft pliable dough for 5 minutes.
5. Place in dish to set for half an hour.
6. Roll dough into a large round circle. Spread with melted ghee (Clarified butter), sprinkle with a little flour & roll into a long thin swiss roll.
7. Cut equal portions of dough. The size & amount is your choice.
8. Roll each roti in equal sized circles.
1. Heat the pan/tawa to high.
2. Place a roti on the pan, once it starts to bubble up, turn over to cook the other raw side.
3. Brush lightly with ghee (Clarified butter), turn over, fry & again for the 4th time. Toast rotis until well brown. Remove & place in a dish or container lined with wax paper.
4. Repeat the same for all rotis.
5. Serve warm with all curries or side dishes. Enjoy!