1 packet tennis biscuits crushed
100g melted butter/ margarine
1 tub cream cheese, softened (Lancewood smooth)
2 teaspoon dissolved gelatin in 2 teaspoon boiling water (Sundew)
½ tin sweetened condense milk
30 ml lemon juice
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1. Crush tennis biscuits & place in a dish.
2. Pour melted butter over & combined well.
3. Press into the base of a lined 21cm spring-form tin.
4. Refrigerate for 20 minutes until firm.
To line your tin:
Before assembling the spring-form tin, seperately brush the base & sides with melted butter. Line the base of the tin with 1 sheet of cling film, then line the sides all around with cling film & finally assemble the the spring-form tin. Brush lightly again with melted butter/ margarine. I find this method effective, because when you release the tin, the plastic protects the cheesecake from breaking away at the edges. You can also easily slide a butter knife down & around the rim of the cheesecake before releasing to avoid breaking/cracking.
1. Using a mixer, whip the cream cheese until smooth.
2. Add condensed milk & lemon juice & mix until smooth & glossy.
3. Fold in the dissolved gelatin well.
4. Add the grated lemon zest & carefully pour into the base & gently tap on counter to smoothen.
5. Cover with cling firm & refrigerate overnight or for several hours.
6. To serve, run a butter knife behind the cling film & slowly down the side of rim & around the cheesecake. 7. Carefuly open the latch of the spring-form tin to release the cheesecake. Remove the cling film from the sides.
8. If you're feeling ambitious, you can try the same with the base if you don't want to use the base of the tin & would rather place on a platter. Run a long knife under the base to release the cling film, lift gently, remove the cling film halfway, place on a platter & remove the remainder of the cling film.
7. Garnish as desired.
1. Use a punnet of strawberries & cut lengthways.
2. Place around the rim going to the centre.
3. Drizzle with granadilla pulp.
Lemon Jelly Zest
For a lemon flavor, dissolve a packet of lemon jelly with 1 cup of boiling water only. Wait until cool & carefully pour over the cheesecake. Refrigerate again for an hour till set.
For a fruity top, slice ½ cup of fresh strawberries, kiwi, grape, melon, pineapple, raspberries, cherries, etc. Carefully place on top. Dissolve a packet of a greengage jelly or a jelly flavor of your choice. When cool carefully pour over fruit & cheesecake & refrigerate again for 1 hour to set.
There are many variations of garnish. Use your creativity & design one of your very own. Or just simply have it plain with a sprinkle of grated lemon zest.
INFO & TIPS
This is my all time favourite & never let's me down. Let's face it, everyone loves a good classic cheesecake ocassionally & this works wonders every time.
29 May 2017
WOULD YOU LIKE TO ?
Nothing brings people together like good food. I enjoy cooking, baking & eating good wholesome food. Most of all, I love talking about it too! I hope you find joy & delight from my recipes.
Joined 6 years ago