1 1⁄2 kg chicken mince, washed & left to marinate in 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
A glug of olive oil
1 teaspoon freshly ground green chillies
1 teaspoon fresh ground ginger
1 teaspoon fresh ground garlic
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon milled black pepper
1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
1 cup cooked mushrooms (optional)
1 large red onion finely chopped
1⁄2 cup red pepper finely chopped
1⁄2 cup yellow pepper finely chopped
1⁄2 cup green pepper finely chopped
A handful of dhania (coriander) finely chopped
A handful of chives finely chopped
A handful of mint finely chopped
30 ml of lemon juice
Place a portion of Shogun noodles (2 portions per pack) in a bowl & cover with boiling water. Add a teaspoon of olive oil & set to cook on high in microwave for 4 minutes, this should boil the noodles further. Once done, remove & drain in a colander to cool.
1. Heat a frying pan with olive oil & add mince.
2. Lightly cook & halfway through add ginger, garlic & spices & saute until tender.
3. Remove & allow to cool.
4. Once cool, add garnish ingredients & combine well.
5. Add a 1⁄4 cup each of soy sauce & any sweet chilli sauce.
6. Finally chop the noodles & combine into mixture.
INFO / TIPS
Add more chilli or mix up your soy sauces for extra zing. Try the Ong's Indonesian Sweet Honey Soy Sauce or Ong's Light Soy Sauce. Bring that asian back to how spring rolls should really taste! The Ong's sauces are Halaal.