8 sheets if phyllo pastry, unfrozen & room temperature
½ cup melted butter for brushing
1 bunch spinach, rinsed & chopped
3 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 teaspoon fresh ground garlic
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon milled black pepper
½ teaspoon fresh ground green chillie
½ cup full cream ricotta cheese
2 discs feta cheese, crumbled
½ cup grated good quality mozarella cheese
1. Using a pizza cutter, cut sheets vertically on the short side to make strips, much like samoosa strips about 8cm in width or a size to your choice.
2. Brush each strip with butter before wrapping into a samoosa. If you a fan of phyllo & prefer more layers use more than 1 strip of phyllo & wrap together.
1. Heat a frying pan with olive oil & saute onions together with garlic & chilli.
2. Add spinach & steam until fully cooked. Ensure water has evaporated completely & spinach is dry.
3. Add salt & pepper & mix in.
4. Remove from heat to cool.
5. When cool add feta, ricotta & mozarella cheese.
6. Using butter coated phyllo pastry, fill pastry & fold like a samoosa.
7. When baking set your oven to 170'C, spread phyllo samoosa on a baking tray & bake for 10 minutes until golden. Enjoy with sweet chilli sauce.
8. These can be prepared in advanced & frozen for up to 3 months.
INFO / TIPS / CREDITS
Light & delicately crispy this is sure to tantalise your tastebuds.