500g mutton mince
1 tablespoon Oil
1 tablespoon ground green chillies
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dhana jeeroo powder
Pinch turmeric powder
dhania (coriander) (chopped)
9-10 medium potatoes (mashed)
Salt and pepper (to taste)
Fine dry breadcrumbs
1. Make mash by just seasoning lightly with salt and pepper. Do not add milk or butter, it must be a dry mash.
2. Cook mince in oil, chillies and spices till dry. Allow to cool.
3. Form mash in folded palm, then place 2 spoons of mince.
4. Fold mash over, rolling into a roundish shape. Then flatten top and bottom.
5. Dip in breadcrumbs.
6. Leave to firm up and chill in fridge whilst heating oil.
7. Dip in beaten egg and place in oil.
8. Fry in medium oil on medium heat until golden.
9. Drain excess oil on kitchen paper.
10. Serve with lemon juice or chutney of choice.
Note: Traditionally it is rolled in crumbs first, but this year I dipped in egg first and then in crumbs, and it fried the same.