Rec cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1 large onion (sliced)
3 Elachi (cardomom) pods
2 pieces taj (cinnamon sticks)
1kg mutton curry pieces
1 tablespoon red ginger garlic masala
2 tablespoon brown vinegar
1 teaspoon mustard powder
2 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder
1 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoon chilli powder
4 large tomatoes (liquidized)
2 medium sized dhodis (calabash- cut in large cubes)
chopped dhania (coriander) (coriander)
1. Braise onion with oil, taj and Elachi (cardomom) until golden.
2. Add spices and chillies and braise until fragrant.
3. Add mutton, mustard and vinegar and coat well.
4. Cook until mutton is tender, adding water as needed.
5. Cut dhodi and submerge in water so it does not brown. Remove seeds from dhodi.
6. Add dhodi and tomatoes to pot and cook until tomato has reduced.
7. Add water and cook until dhodi has softened and gravy consistency reached.
8. Garnish with dhania (coriander) and serve with rice or roti or bread.