Egg Fried Rice
Rec Cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
2 ½ cups rice (cooked)
4 tablespoon oil
1 red onion (diced)
1 red pepper (diced)
2 spring onions (sliced)
½ cup frozen peas
5 extra large eggs
2 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
½ teaspoon paprika powder
1 tablespoon soy sauce (optional)
¼ teaspoon sugar
2 red chillies (optional- largely sliced)
1. Heat 2 tablespoon oil in wok.
2. Beat 3 eggs together with half the salt and pepper and scramble in pan. When done remove and leave aside.
3. Heat remainder oil.
4. Stir fry red onion till slightly softened, add red pepper and peas. Saute fir 2min. Then add cooked rice and remove any lumps.
5. Beat remainder eggs with remainder salt, pepper, water, turmeric and paprika.
6. Pour into wok over rice and cook into rice.
7. When done, add in sugar, salt and soy sauce.
8. Mix in and heat through, then add in reserved scrambled egg.
9. Garnish with spring onions and chilli.
10. Serve hot with Chicken/Steak Manchurian.