French Leek and Potato Soup aka Vichyssoise
Author : Foodeva Marsay
2 Cups Leeks, Sliced (approximately 200 grams)
4 Medium sized Potatoes, Peeled and Cubed
1 Litre Vegetable Stock
2 Tablespoon Butter
1 teaspoon Garlic Paste/Crushed
¼ teaspoon Ground Green Chillies(optional)
½ teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon White pepper Powder
¼ -½ Cup Cream
Chopped Fresh Garlic Chives to serve.
🔸 Heat the Butter in a pot and Add the Sliced Leeks, Garlic and Green Chillies(if using).
🔸 Sauté until just becoming soft, then add in the Potatoes, salt and pepper.
🔸 Add in ¼ Cup Water, and lower heat on stove, cover with Lid and allow to vegetables to cook through until potatoes are softening (approximately 15 minutes)
🔸 Now add in the Vegetable Stock and gently simmer for a further 15 minutes.
🔸 When the Potatoes are cooked through well, Transfer the soup with liquid to a blender or using a Hand Blender, Blitz until smooth. You can also leave some of the vegetables to be a little chunky, if you so prefer.
🔸 Return the blended Soup back to the pot, and Add in the Cream.
🔸 Stir Well and Gently reheat the soup.
🔸 The French Leek and Potato Soup is ready to be served Hot, with a sprinkle of Chopped garlic chives or If you have meat-lovers at home, you can add some crispy bits of Salted Deli-Meats.
NOTES BY FOODEVA MAARSAY
* Ensure you wash the leeks well before use. Use the light green/ whites bits of leeks, discarding the leafy bits. Or your could save the leafy bits to add to your batch of homemade vegetable stock.
* The green chillies and garlic can be omitted.
* Use 1 Large Onion if you don’t have leeks.
* You could also Chicken Stock, OR just use water instead of stock. But There is a huge difference in taste when stocks are used.
* Adjust salt amounts according to taste.
* This very soup can be served COLD (Vichyssoise), great for a hot summers day.
Kindly Share my recipes as Posted, ©www.marriamsayed.com