Tandoori Baked Chicken Drumsticks
Rec cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
6 chicken drumsticks (skin on)
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon red ginger garlic masala
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1⁄2 cup sourmilk
1 teaspoon kashmiri chilli powder
1 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder
1 tablespoon tandoori spice
1 teaspoon chaat masala
2 drops saffron essence
1 teaspoon salt
Small pinch red food colouring powder
1. Mix the above ingredients together.
2. Place in oven proof dish and cover with foil.
3. Bake in preheated oven at 180degG for 45min.
4. Remove foil. Turn oven to grill.
5. When grill ready, place back in oven and char.
Baste cooked chops and char under hot oven grill.
6. Char on one side, then turn over and repeat.
I served with broccolini mushroom stir fry, recipe previously posted. But you can serve with chips, salad, roghni naan etc.
Note: An electric griller or coal braai (bbq) can also be used.