(with hummus sauce)
Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1 large brinjal sliced
½ teaspoon paprika powder
½ teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon Robertson's veggie spice
2 large pitas
¾ tin chickpeas
½ teaspoon sesame seeds
3 tablespoon plain yoghurt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon crushed black pepper
¼ tin chickpeas
1. Slice eggplant. Quickly dunk in cold water. Then shake off water.
2. Place on an oven tray. Drizzle over some oil and half of spices.
3. Cook in preheated oven at 180degC till halfway done, flip slices over, drizzle little more oil and remainder spices.
4. Cook till tender. Remove from oven.
5. Cut pitas into quarters. Then cut into halves. (This will give you 16 triangles)
6. Place pita in oven and toast till lightly browned and crispy.
7. Place pita down in serving platter, then arrange eggplant over.
8. Blitz all sauce ingredients together.
9. Spoon sauce over eggplant.
10. Garnish with pomegranate, reserved chickpeas and coriander. Serve.