Almond Fish cooked in Bread Sauce
Rec cred: purple Indian Delights
Pic cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
1kg fish filleted/cutlets
2 teaspoon ground garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
1 tablespoon dhania (coriander) chutney
1 teaspoon ground green chillies
1 tablespoon ghee (Clarified butter)
2 tablespoon oil
3 tablespoon lemon juice
1⁄4 cup ground blanched almonds
1⁄2 cup milk
2 tablespoon cream
1⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1. Marinate fish in lemon juice, good sprinkling of salt and garlic for 30min. Keep in an oven proof casserole dish.
2. Heat ghee (Clarified butter) and dhania (coriander) chutney together, add green chillies, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs and milk to make a sauce.
3. Pour sauce over marinated fish. Drizzle over oil. Cover with foil. Bake at 180degC for 30-40min.
4. Remove foil, mix ground almonds into cream and spread all over fish.
5. Continue baking till almond topping begins to brown and sauce thickens.
6. Serve surrounded with lemon slices and sprigs of parsley.
I did not have the dhania (coriander) chutney required, so I used a dhania (coriander) samoosa dip thus the green colour in sauce 🙈.
I added 1⁄2 cup fresh crumbs and I cut the fish into pieces. Also added 1⁄4 cup more milk.
Despite the green colour the sauce was delicious.