Caramel Apple Pie Cinnabons (Yeast Free)
Makes +/- 2dzn
Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
180g butter/baking margarine
4 cups self-raising flour
¼ teaspoon salt
Milk (as needed)
60g butter (softened)
½ cup brown sugar
4 tablespoon cinnamon powder
4 large pink apples (peeled, finely diced)
50g chopped pecan nuts (optional)
Melted butter (for baking)
¼ cup butter
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ tin condensed milk
½ teaspoon caramel essence
1. Rub the butter into dry ingredients and form crumbs.
2. Add milk as needed to form a soft dough. (Do not over knead).
3. Divide dough into 2 portions. Roll on lightly floured surface into 2 rectangles (approx 20cm x 40cm).
4. Spread on butter for filling.
5. Mix sugar, apples, cinnamon and pecans.
6. Spread filling onto butter.
7. Roll into swiss roll shape, even out the log of dough.
8. Cut into 3cm thick slices.
9. Place on a greased baking sheet, drizzle over melted butter.
10. Place in preheated oven at 190degC and bake for 15min or until risen and lightly golden. Leave aside.
11. In a saucepan heat butter and sugar for topping.
12. Once sugar is melted, add essence and condensed milk.
13. Simmer and allow to thicken into thick pouring consistency.
14. Pour over cinnabons.
15. Sprinkle over cinnamon powder and serve warm.