Tandoori Grilled Steak
Rec cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
1kg t-bone / topside steak
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon red ginger garlic masala
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
2 tablespoon brown vinegar
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1⁄2 cup yoghurt
1 teaspoon kashmiri chilli powder
1 1⁄2 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder
3 tablespoon tandoori spice
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon dhania (coriander) chutney
2 tablespoon melted butter
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Mix the above ingredients together.
2. Cook on med heat with half the marinade and with water as needed till just tender.
3. Mix the remainder marinade with melted butter and lemon juice.
4. Spoon over reserved marinade on just cooked steak and char under preheated hot oven grill.
5. I served with Bombay Potatoes & Roti, & additional yoghurt.
Note: An electric griller or coal braai (bbq) (bbq) can also be used.