Tie Dye Cookies
Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
250g Stork to bake
1 cup castor sugar
1 extra large egg
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
3 cups flour (as needed)
1 teaspoon baking powder
Red & blue food coloring
1. Beat margarine & sugar till pale & fluffy.
2. Beat in egg & vanilla.
3. Sift flour.
4. Add baking powder and flour as needed, binding by hand till soft dough forms.
5. Divide dough into 3 portions.
6. Color with few drops coloring separately, leaving one portion plain.
7. Divide each color into 4 portions, thus 12 portions of dough.
8. Roll the portions into strips.
9. Pair the 3 colors together (red, blue, yellow), and squish together, forming a marble effect.
10. Roll into a log, cling wrap and leave in fridge to firm. (3 logs)
11. Preheat oven to 160degC.
12. Slice logs into 1cm slices and place on non-stick cookie tray.
13. Bake for 15min.
14. Remove from oven. Allow to cool and crisp before moving.
15. Leave as is, or dip sides is melted white chocolate and colored sprinkles.