A dry preparation of chicken curry with a lemon and pepper twist.
1-kilogram chicken pieces cut into small pieces (with bone or boneless)
1 cup finely chopped onion
2 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
1 green chili finely chopped
2 bay leaves
1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
1 tablespoon freshly crushed black pepper powder
4 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon rind (grated peel)
4 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoon yogurt
1 tablespoon ginger & garlic paste (or less)
1 tablespoon black pepper powder
1. Marinate chicken pieces in the above-mentioned marinade for 1 hour.
2. Heat butter in a saucepan. Add bay leaf and chopped garlic. Fry for few seconds till the raw smell disappears and until the color changes slightly.
3. Now add chopped onion along with green chili and cook till onion turns light brown.
4. Add marinated chicken pieces and cook on high heat for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
5. Then add turmeric powder, cumin powder, black pepper powder and salt if needed.
6. Reduce the heat, cover and cook the chicken pieces till fully done and the juices have almost dried.
7. Finally add lemon juice, coriander leaves, and lemon rind. Cook for a couple of minutes and remove from heat.
8. Serve hot with rice or roti.