Interior Decorator turned Foodie!
Food Author of Oh My Cupcakes!
Mum and wife.
(Another 2 books on the way Insha Allah!)...
Lemon Sesame Yellow Pepper Hummus
Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
2 yellow peppers
1 can chickpeas (washed & drained)
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1 lemon (zest & juice)
3 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon white pepper
¼ teaspoon white chilli powder
¼ teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder
1. Keep 1-2 slices lemon. Zest and juice remainder.
2. Deseed and rinse pepper. Cut into 8 pieces each.
3. Roast pepper in oven till tender.
4. Blend all ingredients until smooth.
5. Garnish with additional sesame seeds & lemon slices.