Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
250g chicken fillet (cubed)
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
1⁄2 teaspoon ground green chillies
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
1⁄2 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder
1 onion (chopped)
1 medium carrot (grated)
1⁄2 cup frozen corn
1⁄2 green pepper (chopped)
3 tablespoon tomato sauce
3 tablespoon mustard sauce
3 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 loaf white bread (excl. end slices)
2 eggs beaten
Grated cheese (optional)
1. Heat oil, add garlic, chillies, lemon & spices.
Add chicken and cook till halfway done.
2. Add onion, pepper, carrot & corn. Cook till chicken is done. Leave aside.
3. Remove crusts of each slice.
4. Flatten bread lightly.
5. Place bread slices in diamond shape.
6. Mix sauces together & smear a little onto the one end of each slice.
7. Spoon on cooked filling onto sauce.
8. Sprinkle on some cheese.
9. Fold over & close, press down lightly.
10. Brush each slice with egg.
11. Sprinkle parsley & lightly press ends close with a fork.
12. Place in preheated oven to bake till golden & crispy. Serve with red chutney.