185ml strong black coffee
60ml orange juice
125g (1 packet) finger biscuits
2 large eggs, separated
30ml (2 Tablespoons) Huletts Castor Sugar
10ml (2 teaspoons) orange juice
250g (1 tub) mascarpone cheese
10ml (2 teaspoons) cocoa powder
1. Mix the coffee and the brandy together in a cup.
2. Dip both sides of half the packet of biscuits into
this mixture and arrange in the bottom of a shallow round or
3. Cream the egg yolks and castor sugar together until
thick and pale yellow. Add the additional 10ml brandy and the
mascarpone cheese to the egg mixture and mix until smooth.
4. Beat the egg whites until stiff, and fold into the
cheese mixture. Pour half the mixture over the biscuits.
5. Dip the other half of the biscuits in the coffee and
arrange on top of the cheese mixture and then pour the balance
of the cheese mixture over the top.
6. Place in the fridge for 4 hours to set and sprinkle
with cocoa just before serving.