Penne Pasta in Alfredo Mushroom Sauce
Author : Foodeva Marsay
250g Penne Pasta
300ml Thick Cream
1 Tablespoon Butter
1 teaspoon Crushed Garlic / Garlic Paste
1 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
½ Cup Diced tri-coloured Peppers(optional)
Salt and Pepper to season.
✔Prepare Pasta according to pack Instructions.
✔Make the sauce as follows…
➡ Melt Butter
➡Add the mushrooms and Sauté for about 5 minutes.
➡Now Add the Peppers,if using, and stir for another 2 minutes
➡Lightly season the vegetables above with salt and pepper
➡Add in the Thick Cream and bring to a gentle boil for a minute.
➡Check seasoning again and adjust.
✔Allow the Sauce to cool off slightly before pouring onto the prepared pasta and tossing to coat.
✔At this stage you may add the grated Parmesan Cheese, if using, and stir through to coat the pasta.
✔Serve Pasta hot topped with a generous sprinkle of either freshly chopped Parsley OR Dried crushed Parsley.
NOTES BY FOODEVA MARSAY
* Any type of Pasta may be used and
* since it’s “Alfredo” use as much or Little Parmesan Cheese for a creamier end result.
* OR like me I left the cheese out completely as I made use of thick cream.
* sweetcorn or any other vegetables you prefer may also be used.
* If a regular Cooking/Whipping Cream is used, Then simply add 1 Tablespoon of Corn Starch to thicken sauce