Recipe credit: Ruhana Ebrahim
Picture Credit: @mama_taught_me_well
1kg chicken fillet (big cubes)
2 large onions (sliced)
1 teaspoon onion (kulunji) seeds
2 bay leaves
2 star anise
1 teaspoon ginger garlic masala
1 teaspoon gharum masala
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon salt
3 large tomatoes
½ cup plain smooth yoghurt
1 small sachet tomato puree
Kasturi Methi (Fenugreek) (optional)
ghee (Clarified butter)
2 cups cake flour
½ - 1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoon baking powder
4 tablespoon oil
Sour milk/ plain yoghurt (as needed)
1. Braise onion in ghee (Clarified butter) till lightly golden.
2. Take 2/3 of onion and liquidize with tomatoes.
3. Heat remainder onion in pot with kulunji, bay leaves & star anise.
4. Add spices, masala and chicken, mix well.
5. Now add in tomatoes & puree and cook till thickened.
6. Addin yoghurt & kasturi Methi (Fenugreek) & cook till reduced.
7. Garnish with with a dollop of yoghurt and dhania (coriander) and serve with tawa naan.
1. Sift dry ingredients.
2. Add oil and sour milk (as needed) to form a soft dough.
3. Leave to stand for 15min.
4. Roll out on floured surface.
5. Smear on garlic butter and dry fry on tawa until golden specs form. Repeat on other side.
and.B: reheat on tawa when needed or in micro. Store in air tight container.