Butter Chicken Pasta Bake
Rec cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
500g pasta (of choice)
1kg chicken fillet (cubed)
1 large onion (sliced)
1 tin creamstyle sweetcorn
1 cup frozen corn
2 large tomatoes (liquidized)
250ml fresh cream
3 Elachi (cardomom) pods
2 taj (cinnamon sticks)
Pinch saffron threads
2 tablespoon ghee (Clarified butter)
2 teaspoon red ginger garlic masala
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chilli powder
2 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Dried mixed herbs
Crushed red chillies
1. Braise onion in ghee (Clarified butter) with taj and Elachi (cardomom).
2. Add spices, garlic and masala, mix and braise, then add in chicken and braise.
3. Once chicken liquid has evapourated, add in liquidized tomatoes and reduce till chutney forms.
4. Cook frozen corn in microwave with butter, salt and pepper.
5. Add to pot with creamstyle corn, lemon juice, saffron and fresh cream.
6. Bring to boil and allow to thicken. Remove taj and Elachi (cardomom).
7. Boil pasta with 1 teaspoon rough salt and a drizzle of oil. When done mix with filling.
8. Pour into oven proof dish, sprinkle on cheese, dried herbs and crushed chillies and bake in oven till cheese melts.