Mini Caramel Swissrolls
Rec cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
3 XL eggs
½ cup castor sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
¼ cup maizena (corn flour)
¼ cup cake flour
1 heaped teaspoon baking power
250ml whipped cream
1 tin caramel treat
1. Beat eggs well with sugar and essence till pale and fluffy.
2. Combine flour, maizena (corn flour) and baking powder and sift three times.
3. Fold into egg mixture.
4. Grease and line baking tray and pour in mixture.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 180 °C for 8-10 minutues.
6. When done, roll up into a swiss roll whilst hot, unroll. Cut into ½ lengthwise.
7. Spoon a nice layer of caramel treat and then a layer of buttercream icing/whipped cream.
8. Roll the two halves back up and cut into mini swiss rolls. Should get 16 mini swiss rolls.
9. Dip in castor sugar.
10. Store in airtight container.