Green Beans & Mutton
Rec cred: ruhana ebrahimPic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
Ingredients:250g green beans (french sliced)½ cup frozen peas3 large carrots (peeled, cut in batons)2 large tomatoes (liquidized)500g mutton curry pieces1 onion (sliced)1 teaspoon salt1 teaspoon dhana jeeroo powder1 teaspoon chilli powderPinch turmeric powder2 teaspoon ginger garlic masala1 teaspoon mustard powder1 tablespoon brown vinegarWater (as needed)
1. Braise onions in oil till translucent, add masala and spices.
2. Braise until fragrant, then add mutton, mustard and vinegar and coat well.
3. Cook till water reduced, then add water and cook till mutton is almost tender.
4. Add tomatoes, carrots, peas and green beans. Cook till tomato liquid reduced, add more water to cook beans and mutton until tender.
5. Cook till no liquid remains. I like it when the bottom bit catches to pot. Serve with roti/ bread.