Green Beans & Mutton
Rec cred: ruhana ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
250g green beans (french sliced)
1⁄2 cup frozen peas
3 large carrots (peeled, cut in batons)
2 large tomatoes (liquidized)
500g mutton curry pieces
1 onion (sliced)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder
1 teaspoon chilli powder
Pinch turmeric powder
2 teaspoon ginger garlic masala
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 tablespoon brown vinegar
Water (as needed)
1. Braise onions in oil till translucent, add masala and spices.
2. Braise until fragrant, then add mutton, mustard and vinegar and coat well.
3. Cook till water reduced, then add water and cook till mutton is almost tender.
4. Add tomatoes, carrots, peas and green beans. Cook till tomato liquid reduced, add more water to cook beans and mutton until tender.
5. Cook till no liquid remains. I like it when the bottom bit catches to pot. Serve with roti/ bread.