Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
12 pieces pattha slices
1 med onion (sliced)
2 tablespoon oil
1⁄4 teaspoon Methi (Fenugreek) seeds
1⁄2 teaspoon Jeeru (Cumin) seeds
Small pinch mustard seeds
2 whole green chillies (slit)
2 curry leaves
3 large tomatoes (liquidized)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder
1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoon double cream plain yoghurt
2 tablespoon coconut cream
1⁄2 cup diced peppers
1. Lightly fry pattha till crispy on either side and leave aside.
2. For healthier option bake in oven with a drizzle of oil for few minutes, then grill till crispy.
3. Braise onion in oil with Jeeru (Cumin), mustard & Methi (Fenugreek) seeds, curry leaves and chillies.
4. When lightly browned, add tomatoes, spices, lemon, vinegar and sugar.
5. Cook till liquid has reduced, then add coconut cream and yoghurt.
6. Cook till thickened. Remove curry leaves.
7. Place fried pattha in the chutney.
8. Saute peppers till just softened and spoon over.
9. Heat together.
10. Serve with roti and optional additional yoghurt.