Rose & Pistachio Sojee (semolina flour)
Rec cred: @fatima_essack1 (amended)
Pic cred: Ruhana Ebrahim, @mama_taught_me_well
¼ cup ghee (Clarified butter)
1 piece taj (cinnamon stick)
½ cup semolina
¼ cup chopped pistachios
½ cup sugar
1 & ½ cups milk
½ cup water
Pinch Elachi (cardomom) powder
1. In a pot heat ghee (Clarified butter) with taj on medium heat.
2. Add semolina and pistachios and braise till 'pink'.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Whisk together egg, milk, water, sugar, colouring, essence and Elachi (cardomom) powder.
5. Pour into semolina, place back on heat, mix in and let it thicken.
6. Lower heat and leave to steam and fluff up.
7. Garnish with rose syrup, pistachios, glitter and edible rose buds.
Note: this Sojee (semolina flour) tastes like phirni.