Butter Prawns Curry
Rec cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
Pic cred: @mama_taught_me_well
500g (deveined and peeled prawns)
1 large onion (sliced)
3 tablespoon butter
2 sticks taj (cinnamon)
2 Elachi (cardomom) pods (cardamom)
3 large tomatoes (liquidized)
1 teaspoon red ginger garlic masala
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dhana Jeeru (Cumin) powder
Pinch turmeric powder
Pinch garum masala powder
2 tablespoon lemon juice
Good pinch saffron threads
2-3 drops saffron essence
Pinch orange food coloring powder
250ml fresh cream OR 1 tin ideal milk
Chopped dhania (coriander) (garnish)
1. Braise onion in butter with taj and Elachi (cardomom).
2. When golden add tomatoes and all spices.
3. Cook till liquid is reduced and tomato has thickened.
4. Add cream and saffron and mix in.
5. Add in prawns and cook for 10minutes.
6. Add in lemon and mix in.
7. Garnish with dhania (coriander) and serve with roghni naan or rice.