Rec cred: Hajera Ebrahim (mum)
Pic cred: Ruhana Ebrahim
2 cups flour,
1 teaspoon baking powder,
2 teaspoon ordinary sugar,
pinch of salt,
1 tablespoon semolina,
1 tablespoon vinegar,
1 tablespoon melted ghee (Clarified butter),
+/- 1 cup warm milk,
1. In a deep dish, sift flour and baking powder, add other dry ingredients.
2. Pour vinegar and melted ghee (Clarified butter) over.
3. Start binding dough with hands, gradually adding warm milk, until you have formed a stiff dough.
4. If the dough is too dry, add a little water.
5. Roll dough out on lightly floured surface, and cut into triangles/circles/rectangles.
6. Fry in deep oil, after you place puri in oil & it puffs, flip over.
7. It will start to form pimples and puff up, turn over.
8. Fry till lightly golden brown.
9. Place a piece of kitchen paper in a stainless steel pot/ airtight container.
10. Place in fried puri, then cover again with kitchen paper.
11. Close pot/ container with lid, allow to steam up & soften.